We’re an, apolitical, international organization providing opportunities for Jews of all backgrounds to discover the wisdom and beauty of their heritage in an atmosphere of open inquiry and mutual respect.
Ezra World has branches in Israel, Canada, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, France, England, Germany and the USA.
At Ezra World, we aim to enable Jewish youth to experience Israel’s great historical sites and learn about the country’s current political, cultural, and economic realities while gaining insight from their Israeli peers.
Ezra World trips are designed to unite Jewish youth through shared cultural experiences in diverse and exciting manners. We present young people with opportunities to connect to Jewish traditions and strive to make that bond unshakable. Ezra World looks to enrich our community by offering dynamic, yet meaningful, programming to the leaders of the next generation. Additionally, we encourage our participants to bring innovation to their own communities with the insights they’ve gained under our direction. Thanks to the enthusiasm and drive of our community members, we have successfully instilled a passion and love of Israel within our participants. Ezra World continues to develop rich, educational programs that inspire and encourage Jewish youth to maintain their connection with Israel and their Jewish identity.
When you travel to Israel with Ezra World, your trip doesn’t end when you land back in the States. We have a large community of alumni and we’re always throwing parties! (And we know how to throw a party!) There is a real sense of community among our alumni. We think you’ll fit in just fine!
We know our way around Israel like no one else! Ezra World has over 17 years of experience organizing Birthright Israel trips. We’ve learned a thing or two along the way. But we’re always looking for new ways to make sure your Israel experience is the experience of a lifetime!
We're Open To Everyone: We respect you!
What kind of Jew are you? Whether you’re Reform, Conservative, Orthodox, atheist or any other flavor of Jewish, we have a place for you. We offer trips that run the full Jewish spectrum, allowing you to meet Jews both similar and different from yourself. You’re guaranteed to have an unforgettable experience wherever you’re coming from!
Campus Trips: Travel with your friends!
Want to go on a 10 day Israel trip with your college friends? Ezra has tons of experience working with campus groups. Join Ezra World for a Birthright Israel experience geared especially for your University.
Our Madrichim (Group Leaders)
Our Madrichim are the best! We know that the spirit of a great trip comes from the counselors who lead it. That’s why we hire madrichim who are guaranteed to turn a great trip in to an extraordinary one.
Why is this trip free?
Free trip?! What’s the catch? Good question.
Our one-of-a-kind trips may be free for our participants, however our sponsors invest thousands of dollars into each individual who joins our program. So what are they asking for in return?
All that we and our sponsors ask is that you reach out to your friends, family, and community members to offer them the same opportunity to experience the Taglit-Birthright Israel gift.
Birthright Israel & Ezra World offers you this extraordinary gift because we strongly believe that a visit to to Israel is your birthright. These tours are open to all Jews, regardless of background, affiliation or practice. This is an amazing opportunity to visit and fall in love with your homeland and become close friends with other participants. This gift is available to all Jewish young adults, ages 18 through 26 who have not been to Israel on a peer/educational tour after the age of 18.
Why Is There A “Refundable Deposit”?
When Will My Deposit Be Refunded?
Within 1-2 weeks after participating on the trip, you will receive an email notifying you that your deposit is available for refund. This email will also contain information about how you can donate all or part of your deposit to Birthright Israel to help fund future trips to Israel. If you do not receive an email, please click below to claim your refund. You must request your refund within 30 days of returning from your trip or it will be automatically donated to Birthright Israel.
The trip is a gift, fully paid for by Birthright Israel.
Birthright Israel is an innovative partnership between the people of Israel through the Government of Israel, private philanthropists through the Birthright Israel Foundation and Jewish communities around the world (North American Jewish Federations, Keren Hayesod, and The Jewish Agency for Israel).
Safety & Security
Here at Ezra, we understand that applicants and their families may be concerned about the security situation in Israel. Let us assure you that the safety of our participants is the primary factor in our trip planning. As an official Taglit-Birthright Israel organizer, we must meet the highest security standards and strict safety requirements set forth by the Birthright Israel initiative.
Ezra staff constantly reviews all security measures for Taglit-Birthright Israel trips and implements the most stringent security measures at all times throughout the program. The following are some of the basic security precautions taken on the trip:
- Careful Itinerary Planning. Our tours do not travel to or through areas of the West Bank or Gaza or other unsafe areas.
- No one is allowed to leave group. The Taglit-Birthright Israel: EZRA tour is a very full and structured program and participants are forbidden from ever leaving the group or going anywhere unsafe alone.
- Full Coordination with Israeli Security Authorities. Each day, itineraries are cleared through the official government authorities that are responsible for reviewing all educational field trips for Israeli schools and educational institutions. A group’s itinerary will be changed immediately to reflect any heightened risk or security concerns.
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline and phone numbers of our staff in Israel and North America.
- Taglit-Birthright Israel: EZRA participants will fly mostly on El Al Israel Airlines, recognized as the world leader in airline safety and security. Although some groups may fly with other airlines, these airlines will also include added security.
- Detailed Security Orientation. Upon arrival each Taglit-Birthright Israel: Ezra World group is given a detailed safety and security orientation. In addition, the tour educators and counselors of each trip brief participants regularly regarding special security arrangements for particular trips or days. The orientation and briefings include guidelines for free time and general travel safety.
- Armed Security Escort. An armed security guard accompanies every Taglit-Birthright Israel: Ezra World group throughout the entire program. They are also trained as medics and carry medical equipment.
- Our trips are tracked by a GPS satellite system, which is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by a special security room whose sole responsibility is the safety and security of our groups.
Please Note: Taglit-Birthright Israel has brought over 600,000 participants to Israel over the last 20 years without one security related incident. Not one.
Since the creation of the State of Israel, there has never been a perfect time to visit Israel. Unfortunately, there is something is always going on. Now, you have the opportunity to take advantage of the Taglit-Birthright Israel: EZRA gift. Don’t delay your dream trip. Do it now, because no matter what you think, this is the safest way to go to Israel.
Remember, our primary concern is the safety of participants. Please feel free to contact us if you have specific security related questions or concerns. We will be happy to personally take your call to address any questions or concerns that you may have about our trip.
As you are preparing for your fantastic free trip to Israel, we would like to draw your attention to some important eligibility rules.
- Recognized as Jewish by the Jewish community or recognized as Jewish by one of the recognized denominations of Judaism
- Where either parent is Jewish and the applicant does not actively practice another religion
- Applicants from the Former Soviet Union must be eligible by the Israeli Law of Return
Ages 18 to 26
After High School
What Disqualifies You
- Note: Applicants who have been on a March of the Living trip or Bayachad trips by JCH are eligible for Taglit-Birthright Israel as long as they are 22 years of age or older (through 26) by the date of their Taglit-Birthright Israel trip’s departure.
- Applicants who have participated in the Maccabiah Games in Israel are eligible for Taglit-Birthright Israel.
- Applicants who have been to Israel on family trips or with tours that were not peer educational trips are eligible for Taglit-Birthright Israel
If you were born in Israel or are an Israeli citizen you are only eligible if you left Israel before the age of 12. If you were born in Israel or have ever held Israeli Citizenship or have held an Israeli passport you are not eligible unless you prove by official documentation that you have left Israel before the age of 12.
Unfortunately there are those who abuse the trust given to them to attempt to acquire something that is not theirs. We take very seriously any attempt to lie or hide facts on your applications, and we have a right to suspend and penalize any person who is not eligible. We also have a right to request an additional documentation such as Birth Certificate, School Transcripts etc in order to prove your eligibility.